Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow day crafts

To keep Kaitlyn busy when we are stuck inside on cold, snowy and icy days, I look to different crafty websites for ideas on how to keep her busy with out overwhelming her with difficult tasks. I've found a great website that offers lots of activities for toddler-grade school with an emphasis on preschool. This is right at Kaitlyn's age and she loves doing all sorts of artsy type activities. These of course can be adapted to your own ideas and materials that you have on hand. For example, if you don't have "googly eyes" just hand draw eyes, no colored contruction paper, use white and let kids color the appropriate color (red, pink, etc).

Here are a few I am going to do with Kaitlyn over the next few days:

Paper Heart Person

Heart Butterfly

Handprint Heart Cards
And use a fun poem like this one:
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But every day I'm growing --
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small

Put a date here
Love, put child's name here

Get crafty with your little muchkins and send me your pics and I'll post them in my gallery!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment